Is Toxicity the Reason You Feel Unwell?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often tired or lethargic?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances?
- Do you get recurrent headaches?
- Do you regularly suffer from muscle aches and pains?
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of these
questions, your body may be overburdened by toxicity.
Toxicity – A Modern Epidemic
The modern world is full of many man-made chemicals and it seems that we are not only what we eat, but also what we drink, breathe and touch. Even before you step outside the house in the morning, you are potentially being exposed to a myriad of toxins. Eating breakfast, washing the dishes, applying cosmetics and perfumes, and
even having a glass of unfiltered water, can potentially increase your exposure to harmful compounds which may compromise your health and vitality.
The good news is that your body has an amazing ability to eliminate these toxins through its inbuilt detoxification systems. However, your
body can become overwhelmed with accumulated toxins over time. If you haven’t been feeling quite right or you answered yes to any of the above questions, then perhaps you should consider a healthy step-by-step detoxification program to give you back your bounce!
You Are What You Eat
Today’s poor dietary and lifestyle habits coupled with the ever-increasing use of pharmaceutical drugs are major contributors to toxicity. In fact,
the majority of our exposure to toxins comes from the inappropriate dietary choices we make. To start making healthier dietary choices and become less toxic today, just follow these simple tips:
- Eat plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables. If you can, buy organic, if not be sure to wash them well.
- Drink 2 to 3 litres of filtered water per day and avoid alcohol, caffeinated beverages, soft drinks, dairy, and commercial fruit drinks/juices.
- Enjoy a wide variety of fresh, healthy snacks and avoid overly processed and refined snacks such as chocolate, bakery products, chips, and lollies.
Ask us today about more dietary tips that can reduce your toxic load and increase your vitality!
Safe and Effective Detoxification
Detoxification within our bodies is a complex process that requires several steps to be completed effectively.
A good starting point of a healthy detoxification program is to reduce the toxic load coming from your diet. Herbs and nutrients can also play a vital role in supporting your body’s key elimination systems. The following supplements contain key ingredients which play an important role in ensuring that you detoxify safely and effectively:
- • Antimicrobial herbs – Extracts from herbs such as Thymus vulgaris (Thyme), Oreganum vulgare (Oregano), Artemisia annua (Chinese wormwood) and Juglans nigra (Black walnut). These herbs exert antibacterial, antiparasitic and/or antifungal actions which aid in the removal of harmful organisms from the gastrointestinal tract. These organisms produce toxic chemicals and can damagegut integrity. Antimicrobial supplementation is therefore a fundamental part of any healthy detoxification program.
- Probiotics – Supplementation with beneficial bacteria can help to create a healthier environment in the gastrointestinal system. Probiotics also produce natural antimicrobial substances which prevent the growth of harmful organisms.
- Prebiotics and healing nutrients – Prebiotics promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut and reduce bowel toxicity, whilst healing herbs and nutrients help to reduce inflammation and support healthy gut repair. A healthy gut stops ingested toxins from passing into the bloodstream and causing further damage in the body.
Using a safe and effective step-by-step detoxification program can help to revitalise your health and wellbeing – so what are you waiting for?
Make an appointment today with our qualified Practitioners who can help get you on the path to a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.